Some of us were born with the sun shining out of our asses.
And with the stories we saw or the stories we lived,
Slowly the world sucked all of our sunshine out, soon filling us up with its shit.
And then they asked us, Why are you so full of it?
The day you remember what you once were
Push it all back out.
The day you remember what you once were,
Go get your sunshine back. There’s still tons of it left in the world.
Miss Shodha had nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award back in February 2017. Actually it is Shwetha, spelt Shweta but isn’t Shodha so much better? (I’ve called her that since school).
She writes tiny tales, poetry, and literally ‘anything under the sun that has caught her attention’. This might be a good time to mention that I almost immediately get to know when she has read a post of mine, because my phone hangs up from the deluge of notifications. It’s time to return the favor 😛 – check out her blog My Random Ramblings. 😀
Anyway, if any of my readers (especially non-blogger friends) find the idea of virtual awards in the blogosphere ridiculous, it almost is. (An award would be nothing but a picture you would have to copypaste from your friend’s Award Post onto your own Acknowledgement post. Like so :
Thankyou Shodha for this picture (yet another attempt at murdering my phone), and for neglecting my neglect and nominating me for a second Award. I loved answering your questions 😀
But then the idea is networking and references (linking back) and the like, you get the point, so it falls short at almost.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Shodha’s Questions :
1. Do you remember why and when you decided to be a blogger?
Of course I remember. I also wrote a post about it just in case the blog ruined my life and I couldn’t recollect whose fault it was.
2. If it were so that you can listen to just one song on repeat for the rest of your life, which song would you choose?
Velikku Veluppan Kaalam or Neeraduvan.
3. Which Hogwarts house do you think you would be sorted out into? (Sorry if you aren’t a Harry Potter fan! 😛 I had to pay homage to my favourite book series! :D)
4. Who is your favourite author?
Confession : After Paulo Coelho back in 8th, I haven’t followed any author/series religiously. But Khaled Hosseini can make anyone cry, so.
5. Which famous person do you wish you could be neighbours with?
6. If you could bring a fictional character to life, who would it be? (Also, please do explain the reason why you chose them!)
Sherlock Holmes. Then be neighbors with him. Then ask Professor Watson if I can work with him on his blog.
I (too) hate myself for saying that, let’s not sabotage the plot.
7. If your blog had a playlist, what songs would be included?
Despacito, Iris, The Middle, Hawa Hawai, An Irish Party in Middle Class, Pinneyum Pinneyum, Love you Zindagi, Tonight I know, Up & Up, Hymn for the Weekend, Chinna Chinna Asai, Budapest, Hey Soul Sister, Did I Take this Question too Seriously?
8. Do you have a favourite book-to-film adaptation? If so, which one?
Any adaptation that I liked was only because I read the book after watching the movie, or because I never read the book I think. I can watch Chamber of Secrets over and over cos of the former.
9. If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do today?
1.Have a panic attack
2.Remember everyone’s dying so it’s alright
3.Gather my family, which might take a while since it’s a big one now
4.Ring up friends one by one to tell them I was off Whatsapp during the last couple of months, sorry for no messages, I love you.
OH that was a good one, Shodha.
10. Name your favourite TV show and at least two reasons as to why you think it’s awesome.
I hardly watch any these days, so favorite YouTuber? Ryan Higa. Original content. Doesn’t post bullshit even if that means losing out on views(=ads=revenue).
11. What’s your greatest fear?
You know the incidents you feel guilty about thinking they were your fault? And you have nightmares about them? Just me? Okay. Greatest fear is coming to know they’re true.
I nominate :
Nipun – Road to Roadblock
Laya – My Black Rusted Harp
Sunith – Perceptions
1. Is there a country you have always wanted to visit, and if so, where?
2. What do you do on a rainy day?
3. What is your favorite book, or if you prefer, your favorite author?
4. What four people would you invite to a dinner party (contemporary, historical, or fictional)?
5. If you could live in a book/tv show/movie, which one would you pick and why?
6. How did you start blogging?
7. What’s the story behind your blog name?
8. If you could talk to your younger self, what would you say?
9. Is there anything you would change/delete from your past?
10. Do you play an instrument?
11. If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do today?